Saturday, November 10, 2007

A great charity idea




My friend and fellow blogger Monkeyfister came upon this really great charity site (just wonder where he finds this stuff).

Free Rice


It works as follows: You provide the definitions to words (multiple choice) and for each correct answer 10 grains of rice are given to a United Nations food program. To date enough rice has been donated to feed 50,000 people and the site has only been around since Oct 7 of this year!
So go feed your brain and at the same time help feed the world.

3 comments:

BlueFlame said...

Great site! I got 2000 grains of rice donated! (Vocab level 33 for bragging rights :P)

Demeur said...

Great job! I hope you'll pass this site on to all your friends up there in Canada and make a contest out of it.

BlueFlame said...

This is an older post now, but there's a facebook application which sends you to this page. I've been sending it to all my friends :)