Saturday, June 28, 2008

The incredible shrinking country

Home values as we all know are taking a dive. According to one analyst the equity in homes has gone down by $1.2 trillion. With the present economic situation banks are putting the squeeze on borrowers. With that you won't be seeing signs like this for quite some time:

Easy Credit

I don't know why anyone would want a $10,000 limit on a credit card. It's not like you could pay that one off at the end of the month. My general rule of tight finance is: If you can't pay for something within three months then don't buy it. I've had to change that recently because the banks have changed their ideas about the cards. Now if you skip a payment or even if you make a partial payment they can change the rates and add hefty fees. My new rule is if you can't pay it in full then get a fixed rate loan to pay it in full.

2 comments:

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

Thats good thinking---and in the case of us retired folk, its if ya can't pay cash for it---ya can't afford it. (currently saving up to buy a fresh beefsteak tomatoe, hope to do so before the end of summer and the tomatoe season---time will tell)

Anonymous said...

I've been in a pay off debt mode for the past three years....it's slow going, and this f**king economy is screwing me even more on my debt free goal.

Will it ever end? sheesh!