Sunday, June 29, 2008

Solar panels... that work at night?

I thought I'd seen it all but some braniacs over in Idaho have come up with a way to tap infrared energy.

Nightime solar panals

Actually I was thinking about something similar this week. With all the ambient electromagnetic bouncing around would it be possible to capture it for reuse? Think of it as recycled energy. Reason I thought of this is because when I was a kid I had a tiny crystal radio. You powered it by putting two allegator clips on the harp of the nearest lamp hence using the power bleed from the lamp. It only received one station but you didn't need to buy batteries.

3 comments:

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

Interesting article and it demonstrates the investigation and research that is on going to develope energy resources---we ARE running out of oil---and worse, we are killing ourselves with our own waste products---killing the oceans, cutting down the trees faster than we grow them------THERE JUST HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY??

Jim Marquis said...

Wow, what a cool concept. I wonder if it would work in a cloudy place like western Washington?

Anonymous said...

[color=#cc0000]I am the sort of hombre who loves to try new things. Currently I am manufacturing my personal solar panels. I'm managing it all by myself without the help of my men. I am using the internet as the only path to acheive that. I ran across a truly awesome site that explains how to contruct pv panels and wind generators. The internet site explains all the steps needed for solar panel construction.

I'm not really sure bout how correct the data given there iz. If some guys over here who have xp with these works can have a look and give your feedback in the page it would be grand and I'd really value it, cause I really would love to try [url=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/url].

Tnx for reading this. U people rock.[/color]