Saturday, August 23, 2008

Joe Biden

After doing some brief research on Joe the only thing I can come up with is a bit of plagerism in one speech he gave 20 years ago. If that is a disqualification for the VP spot then I'd say he looks like a saint compared to Cheney or Romney. Oh and looking into the background of Romney we find that he did what most democrats would do to solve the budget crisis in Massachusetts he raised taxes and cut spending. Ah oh better not let the republicans hear this. The republicans have taken a position of lowering taxes while spending more than any admin in U.S. history. And to all the corporations out there Romney raised the corporate taxes to do it.
So what does Joe Biden bring to the formula? He brings years of experience in foreign affairs having served on committees under both the republican and democratic administrations going as fas back as the 1970s. Not to mention the following judiciary sub committees:

Subcommittee on Antitrust Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
Subcommittee on Crime and Drugs (chairman)
Subcommittee on Human Rights and the Law
Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security, and Refugees
Subcommittee on Technology Terrorism and Homeland Security

Although Joe is no superstar of a politician I'd say he hasn't done too badly over the course of his career

8 comments:

BBC said...

It's just a bunch of rich political monkeys fucking around. Nothing is going to change or improve much.

Distributorcap said...

biden is the perfect choice. in two weeks no one will even remember -- it all comes down to ONE thing

can americans vote for the black guy over a 3rd term of lunacy

simple as that

Demeur said...

But Billy when the Shrub leaves office and the country is in worse shape than the 1930s and Shrub monkey's parting words will be "Hey that's the next guys problem."
But then I forgot you have those nice wooden storage boxes to live in if necessary. They'd make a nice Bushville don't you know.

Robert Rouse said...

By the way, that plagiarism thing. Biden had actually used that bit in sevral speeches before - and since - but that single time mentioned was the sole time he had failed to acknowledge the original author. To me, that's not a big deal at all.

BBC said...

I'm okay with the way I live. And if things go to hell more I'll fare much better than most of the rest of you.

This place is geared for worse case surviving and those that have been here and seen what I can do say that they will come here if it comes to that.

Not that I'm saying that will happen, only that I'm ready for it. Besides, in the mean time I live dirt cheap.

Now get your butt back to work making more money for the 'man'.

MRMacrum said...

Can America vote for a black? distributor has it boiled down to the basic question, but fails to really put the zinger in. Can White America vote for a Black? Damn, I hope so. This racial crap is really getting old. On both sides. What a stupid thing to be hung up on.

Will he do a good job? One of the stupidest questions anyone can ask in my opinion. The only dumber thing would be to answer it with anything other than "I do not know". But who cares anyway? From the looks of things, it does not seem possible for him to screw it up any worse than Bush and his gang already have.

I'd like to be optimistic, but I have to lean in bbc's corner here. It will most likely be SSDD.

Demeur said...

Billy - I'd get back to work if there was work. What I do is tied to housing and construction. Right now that is in the toilet and I don't do toilets he he. So here I sit waiting for the next batch of monkeys to take office and hope that they will get things rolling.
Wish I could retire but that is just a few years away. Close but not close enough.

BBC said...

As for your last comment on my blog.

These fucking real estate sales monkeys think we should buy it and have a title on it. How else can they make money on us?

And having a title to our own little place is the only way we can have any control over it or another monkey could move in and take it over.

I would of course shoot the motherfucker.