Saturday, October 18, 2008

Yahoo

Yahoo it appears has shot themselves in both feet. In an attempt to jazz up their site and make it more like a dashboard they totally botched it. If you're lucky enough to even have their front page load without that annoying can not contact the server message you can click on the news link and wait and wait. When the page finally comes up you'll notice that the photos didn't load and the information is spread across the screen. I've tried this on both Mac and Windows machines with the same results. What was once easy to scan article headlines have been spread out and the numbers cut. Going to the feedback at the bottom of the page it was reported that more than 10,000 complaints have been filed. If I didn't know better I'd say Yahoo was trying to poison themselves to avoid a Microsoft take over. All I know is they better get busy and fix things or they won't have any revenue stream.

3 comments:

MRMacrum said...

I don't use Yahoo. I have all their spiffy icons on a tool bar, but they sit on my screen gathering dust.

BTW - Good comment on my "Observation"post. It fired me up and a carifying post resulted.

Demeur said...

The only way the republicans can retain power at this point is by some national emergency. I wouldn't put that past them to create one. I can only wonder when the more moderates of that party will come back if ever. It seems they have training schools that teach radical ideologies. None of which is good for a nation as a whole. I saw this coming when they all signed that "Contract against America". It was all about eliminating any programs that benefited average citizens. They've grabbed more power in the executive than any time in history, again no good for America a nation built on the balance of power.

BBC said...

I go camping for four days and they change a lot of things. But that is what computer monkeys do, change things as they fuck with their brains.

I have been using Yahoo for years and have three Yahoo email accounts. And read the news and comics there, and use Yahoo Freecycle.

But I don't get into trying to keep up with it all anymore, just do what I do, and I don't download anyone's tool bars, that is a good way for a site to keep track of you.

It doesn't matter who the next preznut is, you're still screwed and it's every man for himself.

Just in case you haven't figured that out on your own yet.