Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Obama Coronation

Good grief you'd think the guy was some kind of holy relic. Yes I realize that he is the first black man to take the office, but I didn't vote for him because he was black. I voted for him because I think he is the most qualified person to try and fix the mess we now face. As I recall he puts on his pants one leg at a time just like me. And he is the last time I checked a member of the human race and not some diety cast down to earth by a Greek god.

We have at the present a great opportunity to drastically change the way we produce and consume electricity. If we play our cards right we can move further into the 21st century and not run out of power and decrease the amount of pollution. With a new technologies we can meet the challanges. With more electric cars coming soon we'll need more ways to access the power to run them. Interestingly the guys at MIT are on it. Here's an article about wireless electricity.

Look ma no cords or plugs

We already have parking spaces with outlets at the airport specifically for electric cars. Retrofitting more spaces would be no great problem and in the not too distant future these outlets will need no cords or plugs.

1 comment:

BBC said...

I guess that they are going to be having some really big parties, that will sure burn up a lot of energy. Well, it's fitting that America would party into it's grave.

I'm going camping in the morning myself.